August 14, 2013

Review: Shade (Shade #1) by Jeri Smith-Ready

Summary-
Love ties them together. Death can't tear them apart.
Best. Birthday. Ever. At least, it was supposed to be. With Logan's band playing a critical gig and Aura's plans for an intimate after-party, Aura knows it will be the most memorable night of her boyfriend's life. She never thought it would be his last.
Logan's sudden death leaves Aura devastated. He's gone.
Well, sort of.
Like everyone born after the Shift, Aura can see and hear ghosts. This mysterious ability has always been annoying, and Aura had wanted nothing more than to figure out why the Shift happened so she can undo it. But not with Logan’s violet-hued spirit still hanging around. Because dead Logan is almost as real as ever. Almost.
It doesn't help that Aura’s new friend Zachary is so understanding—and so very alive. His support means more to Aura than she cares to admit.
As Aura's relationships with the dead and the living grow ever complicated, so do her feelings for Logan and Zachary. Each holds a piece of Aura's heart…and clues to the secret of the Shift.
 
Review-
I received this book awhile back for review. Unfortunately, it had to wait it's turn in line. There was something about the book that just kept calling to me. You ever had that happen to you before? It's like the longer it took me to get to the book the more it called out to me. Strange... anyway, I finally got to it and am I ever glad I decided to skip it forward a few places. Now, I know better than to judge a book by it's cover but there was something about the cover that caught my eye. I've read a lot of books that are similar to one another. Few are unique. This one is one of the few. I liked the storyline and the way it was presented. Not a bunch of frills just a good solid & interesting take on a ghost story. The main character is an ordinary teen born post-shift. She is smart & funny & caring. I liked the way she tries to help others even at her own expense. The story goes smooth till you get to the shocking cliffhanger end. Didn't see that one coming.. I'm very eager to read the next part in the trilogy to find out how things work out. A really good read... Happy Reading :) !!!
 
Publisher-Simon Pulse
Reviewer Rating: 4.5 Stars
Reviewed by~Mechele
Thank you to the publisher for the donation of this book to the Read for your Future book program in exchange for a honest review!





 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them :)