May 30, 2013

Review: Eve by Anna Carey

Summary-
The year is 2032, sixteen years after a deadly virus—and the vaccine intended to protect against it—wiped out most of the earth’s population. The night before eighteen-year-old Eve’s graduation from her all-girls school she discovers what really happens to new graduates, and the horrifying fate that awaits her.
Fleeing the only home she’s ever known, Eve sets off on a long, treacherous journey, searching for a place she can survive. Along the way she encounters Caleb, a rough, rebellious boy living in the wild. Separated from men her whole life, Eve has been taught to fear them, but Caleb slowly wins her trust...and her heart. He promises to protect her, but when soldiers begin hunting them, Eve must choose between true love and her life.
 
Review-
I had to wait for awhile to get my hands on this book. Trust me when I say it was very, very worth the wait. The storyline & characters certainly lived up to my high expectations. Some of the plot twists even exceeded some of my highest standards. If I pick a book up and become so engrossed that I can't put it down, chances are that it's a very interesting book . With so much going on in daily life it's hard for one thing to hold my attention for very long, lol. When I'm constantly thinking about the book even when I'm not reading it you know it's an exceptional read. Not many stories can do that...however, this one did. The author does a wonderful job of giving the reader a unique incite to her vision of what this story should be. Along with the emotion you get from the author's woven words. The characters are engaging & easy to identify with. Never a dull moment in this book. Can't wait to read the sequel! Happy Reading!!
 
Publisher-HarperTeen
Reviewer Rating: 5 STARS!!!
Reviewed by~Mechele
Thank you to the publisher for the donation of this book to the read for your future book program in exchange for a honest review!






 

2 comments:

  1. I actually have an ARC of this that I was given a couple of months ago but I haven't heard the best things about this book however your review makes me want to pick it up immediately!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just not the book I was looking for, but I do enjoy reading the review! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them :)